The dont-forgetter API is a tool designed to help users schedule notifications and reminders for important events. Developed with the intention of preventing forgetfulness, this API allows me (and you!) to conveniently schedule notifications for birthdays, assignments or any other events that preferably would not be missed.
The API can be used to integrate reminder and note-taking functionalities into other applications. It can also be used as a standalone service via the browsable API link. By utilising the available endpoints, you can easily schedule, retrieve, and manage events and notes.
Please check you spam folder if email notifications are not immediately visible. By default, all users receive 20 free email notifications and 10 free SMS notifications per month. However, please don't hesitate to reach out if you require a higher limit. :)
- Schedule notifications or reminders to be sent at a chosen date and time.
- Support for periodic events, ensuring recurring reminders are never missed.
- Store and manage notes to keep track of important information.
- Available notification types: email and SMS.
- Support for template messages with variables in notifications
- Query events and notes using GET requests with various operators (equal, and, or, not, greater_than, less_than).
- Edit or delete existing notes and events.
- Categorize notes and events for better organization.
Technologies used: Python, Django REST, Celery, Redis, Docker, CICD